if I ever needed motivation, this is it.

Last week, maybe it was the weather or something, but I started thinking about vacation this summer and what we might want to do, where we might want to go. Our original idea was the beach with a bunch of family, but everyone either had plans already or couldn’t make the trip for whatever reason. So, we were on our own. Which, actually, I was kind of excited about. Our first official family vacation!

We thought we might head to the beach for a couple of days, and then maybe down to Florida to visit some relatives on my side who we haven’t seen in a couple of years and they could meet Maggie and all that. And then maybe on the way home (since it’s a VERY LONG DRIVE and we’d want to break it up a bit) we could stop somewhere we’d never been- somewhere in Tennessee or Kentucky, maybe. Something a little bit nerdy, a little bit pretty, and a little bit family-like.

But! Today we got a phone call from our friends (who we went to the beach with 4 years ago) and they invited us to come again this year. A big house, lots of people (also kids… we may even be outnumbered, heh) It was so much fun last time, so we said yes immediately. The beach! A house with a pool! Maggie in a bathing suit!

WAIT A MINUTE. That means MOMMY will have to put on a bathing suit too. CRAAAAAAAAAAAP.

Y’all, I’ve totally been slacking in my Weight Watchers. I haven’t logged my food in over a month. Therefore, I haven’t lost any more weight. I haven’t gained though, so at least that’s something. But I still have about 10 pounds to go before I’d feel comfortable putting on a bathing suit WHERE PEOPLE CAN SEE ME. And also, it’s not even just the number on the scale: my body, it is FLABBY. I was doing so good with working out through September and October, better than I had ever done in my life with sticking to it. And then something happened and it all stopped. Part of it was that I got really busy with work and needed to use every precious nap-moment that Maggie gave me to get caught up on things. And part of it was the weather, to be honest, because I couldn’t take Maggie out for walks anymore- those are nice, easy workouts to fit in and our neighborhood has some great hills. But the idea of taking a baby (and myself!) out in the cold and snow just so does not appeal to me.

So tonight, I did crunches and the Hundred (okay, so I only made it to 34. But I tried!) I will do these every night. And this week, I will workout twice. Either the exercise bike, the BowFlex, or my Pilates DVD. Baby steps. I just need to get back into the habit, I think.

I should also probably try on my bathing suit every day, just to keep myself inspired.

1. Mel
    @overdramaticmel

I actually consider myself semi in shape…and I still can’t make it to a hundred during the Hundred. Lol….

Keep your bathing suit out hanging somewhere where you’ll see it all the time. :) I’ve hung mine up behind the door in my bedroom..everytime I close the door — there it is.

Dec 16 12:25 am

2. Crap. Does that mean I have to wear a bathing suit again at some point.

Dec 16 1:40 am

3. Jen, if I can do it with my crappy metabolism and stubborn body, you definitely can too! You’ve come so far already!

I’ve been doing cardio pilates 3-5x a week since late June, and my body is actually more toned NOW than it was pre-baby. (I actually bought myself a bikini for our vacation in the spring—talk about pressure to stay motivated! lol) So you have plenty of time and I’m sure you’ll be fit and confident again by next summer! Just keep at it, we’re all here cheering you on. :)

Dec 16 11:52 am

Thanks for the cheerleading :) hehe I figure I have 6 months, so if I start now I should be HOTT by June. HA!

Dec 16 12:24 pm

5. I need to get in shape also I guess. I have been gaining weight not too much I suppose 5-8lbs but enough to make me not like my body. Then Friday when we had a bunch of friends and family over I got a comment I didn’t want to hear, As one friend was leaving he told M that he had some nice love handles and then points at my stomach and makes the comment that we are eating well. I couldn’t believe. That was a blow that makes me want to loose weight but I don’t know what exercises I feel like doing. Stupid people.

Dec 16 2:47 pm

6. Oh do I need to do some exercising!!! I have gained weight after losing more than I had gained during my pregnancy. I guess being a few pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight isn’t bad four months after having Lincoln but I am so flabby it’s disgusting. Next month, Chuck and I are joining the gym so he will keep me motivated. I would love to lose at least 15 pounds and get toned.

Dec 16 2:52 pm

7. You can do it! Plus, it’s not next month and if you think about it, it’s less than 2 pounds a month…so really…it is sooo do-able! Like Melissa said, we’re all here to cheer you on!

Dec 16 10:57 pm

8. I have just gotten back to my pre-baby weight (9 mos, sadly), but I still have more that I should be losing, so I’m keeping at it. I like that bathing suit idea … I need to find something I really want to fit into.

Dec 17 12:26 am

9. Ok, so I don’t feel so bad that I’m not the only one not tracking anything at WW… and I’m maintaining too, BUT>.. still very flabby.. Still at least 1-2 sizes bigger than before… Ugh…

A vacation would be exactly what I need to motivate myself…

Dec 17 10:08 am