again with the nothingness

So if there was an award for The Crappiest Blogger Ever, I think I’d win. My posts are so few and far between, and when I do post, I talk about how I never post, and proceed to talk about all the stuff that’s going on that is keeping me from posting. Instead of that, I’ll just tell you some bits of my last few days. No excuses, just stories.

Maggie is SO CLOSE to giggling. She smiles and gurgles and coos so easily now, sometimes without any prompting by us. I think she’s starting to try to giggle, and instead it comes out like a cough. Too cute.

I probably would also win the award for Crappiest Exerciser Ever. I’ve been trying to stick to a routine with Pilates and walking and possibly even some exercise bike, but those of you who have had a three-month old know that routine? What routine? I still have almost 20 pounds of baby weight to lose and just… ew. That’s all I’m saying. EW. I’ve had way too many people in the last few weeks ask me or make insinuations that I’m pregnant, and that just makes me sad. And a little irritated, especially at the lady at the craft store who apparently can’t do math, because if I just told you my baby is 11 weeks old, that probably means that no, I’m not having another one already, thankyouverymuch. And if I was, I wouldn’t be that big anyway. GRRR!

A good friend from college (Hi Susan!!) came to visit on Saturday and Maggie made her cry, but in a good way. That’s how cute my little girl is! That’s POWER, people. We are so totally screwed.

My baby is getting her first professional photos taken this weekend in honor of turning 3 months old. She’s totally wearing her Ben Roethlisberger onesie and we are SO EXCITED.

For some reason, I’ve become a bit obsessed with MySpace and Facebook all of a sudden. I’ve found some old friends, and even my old college RA. I’m wondering if it’s because I had my high school reunion and now I’m feeling all nostalgic and stuff. Who knows… but I’ve wasted way too much time on those sites lately when I should have been doing things like washing bottles and folding laundry, and oh I don’t know- WORKING?

Speaking of work, I’m officially back in business. I launched a new look for my site with some new organization of the info, and I’m accepting jobs again. So yay! And also- OH CRAP.

Two words: Massage. Saturday.

Okay, that’s enough pointless rambling for now. I promise I’ll try to come up with more exciting things to write about. Or not, because I’ve promised that before and I’ve failed miserably. heh.

1. It’s easy to see in the more recent photos of Maggie that she is really developing her own little personality and lots of facial expressions… with all the smiles, giggling is sure to follow soon! :) Oh and Maggie + Ben R. onesie = adorable!!!

Also? For the love of all that is SANE, you do NOT look pregnant! (At least not in the photos on Flickr with you & Maggie on the slide and swing.) I know that technically it’s possible, but seriously, just because you don’t have a washboard flat stomach after only 11 weeks does not mean you are preggo again already! Losing baby weight is hard enough without people insinuating that.

Good luck with starting back to work. And enjoy your massage, you deserve it! :)

Jun 26 9:50 pm

2. Well, you know if you run out of things to post about, you can just keep supplying us in photos. Maggie is too cute for words!

Jun 26 10:22 pm

3. janet
    @loveisblonde

i love your business website (and this one too, but you know that) I almost want to hire you but I don’t really know what I would hire you for!

Jun 26 10:57 pm

4. Crystal
    @kidthingsnet

At least you’ve just given birth. I used to get asked if I was pregnant when the thought of being pregnant wasn’t even in my mind. This happened at least the 3 times that I vividly remember. That’s a way to shoot your self-esteem down a notch.

And, the new look of your business site is great!

Jun 26 11:29 pm

5. so I totally don’t know you but when I googled the tulip bedding that we’ve ordered for our daughter your site came up. our bedding preferences are pretty similar as I also considered the secret garden but just couldn’t pass up the cute tulips for 70 bucks at wal-mart. anyhow, this is random, but I was wondering if you found anything else that matched the tulip bedding. thanks for the help. I’ve enjoyed reading your stuff and eavesdropping on your site!

Jun 27 8:02 am

6. Ugh, Facebook!!! I spend half my work day on that thing – I don’t know what I expect to see every time I log in!

Jun 27 9:16 am

7. Baby giggles are the BEST!

Enjoy your massage, I have a gift certificate to use from Christmas that I haven’t used yet…I really need to.

You do not look like you need to loose any weight or that you are pregnant! From the pictures I have seen of you, you look great for post baby!

btw, you are not the crappiest blogger…it’s just hard to blog while caring for baby, house, work and all. It’s hard!

Jun 27 10:54 am

8. Maggie is so cute. I can’t wait for my little one to arrive. It seems so far off but I suppose the time will go quickly. I noticed that you went to Grove City, right? Did you happen to know Elizabeth Magee (I think I spelled that right, she was in a homeschool class with my husband) or Jennifer Baranowski (now Jennifer Pierce, she was an RD at my alma mater while I worked there). Anyway, it’s a small world, so I thought I would ask.

Also, don’t worry about your weight! I’m so annoyed with people who ask that. This was several years ago when I had someone tell me that someone else asked them if I were pregnant (and was not)! Terribly rude! Just ignore them!

Jun 27 3:38 pm