The room used to look like this. We slowly got rid of all of that junk with several trips to good will, and it turned into this. Then we did all of this:
- new carpet (this was actually done this summer, right before we found out about the Little Turd’s existence)
- painted the crown molding (Mom did this for us!)
- painted the bottom half of the wall; cut and painted chair rail
- painted the walls (Mom did this for us!)
- new baseboards, cut and painted
- painted the two dressers; bought new handles and knobs (they used to look like this)
- new closet doors, painted and installed
- new closet shelving (Dan did this!)
- stenciling (my sister was a HUGE help with this, she rocks!)
- miscellaneous touches: replaced all plugs and lightswitches; new wallplates for switches and plugs; new baseboard heating vent; new lampshades (stenciled, of course!)
Whew! I’m tired just reading that list! It’s actually not much more than we’ve done in other rooms, but being pregnant certainly makes it tougher to get house projects done. I’m so used to being able to physically do whatever I want, it’s been a little frustrating when I couldn’t just power through and finish things in one day. But I had lots of help from Dan and my mom and my sister :) I’m just glad we got things finished before she arrives!
I still have some things to add to the room… curtains (can’t find anything I like) and wall decorations (can’t find anything I like that isn’t FREAKING EXPENSIVE) but for now, I’m considering it ‘Completed’.