announcement

The carseat is installed. By this weekend, I’ll be considered ‘full term’.

Baby can come whenever she wants now, I give her full permission!

1. I remember saying that! :) hehehe

Mar 12 11:43 pm

2. Priscilla

Oh geez, how exciting!! I can’t wait!

Mar 13 8:56 am

3. Corrie
    @iheartsnark

I would have love to watched you and Dan install the car seat.

I am only saying that because it is always a fun thing to do at our house. I mooned my entire neighborhood once.

Mar 13 9:42 am

It actually went pretty well :) We have one of those nifty Latch ones so putting the base in was pretty easy (especially for me since I just kind of stood there and watched.. too fat to lean over the back seat right now! haha) I’d still like to get it checked somewhere to make sure it’s in right. We used the Latch system and the seatbelt… just to be extra safe. Dan didn’t feel like it was in good enough with just the latches (so cute that he was concerned about that!!)

Mar 13 9:46 am

5. Sunshine

I would recommend having the installation checked to make sure it’s in correctly. Most hospitals & fire departments will do it for you. Plus (and I could be TOTALLY wrong), I think they told us at our birthing class that it was less safe to do the latch & seatbelt together. Again, I could be ABSOLUTELY wrong and I don’t want to tell you what to do, or cause unnecessary worry…but I know car seats can be complicated & confusing!

Mar 13 10:17 am

That’s actually what I wonder about, if it’s safe to use both… but a month or so ago, there was a Consumer Reports study that came out saying that all of the Latch/Keyfit models failed miserably in crash tests, and they recommended using both. Since then I think they backed off their results, saying that they had tested at really really high speeds or something and the tests weren’t done properly… so who knows what’s right!!! That’s why I’d like to get it checked, but I’m not sure where to take it around my house… I did some Google searching last night but didn’t get anywhere. I’m not sure that the police do it anymore for liability reasons (can’t remember who told me that?) So I have some research to do :)

Mar 13 10:25 am

7. mel
    @overdramaticmel

Super exciting! :)

Mar 13 10:25 am

8. We did ours with the latches first too and it was surprisingly easy. When we took it to get inspected at the police/fire department, the woman who checked it said we installed it perfectly, although they do suggest the middle because it’s safest (particularly in the event of a side impact). My Civic only has latches on the left or right, but we wanted the baby to be as safe as possible, so we decided to move it to the middle and use the seat belt to hook it up. The only problem with this is that the seat belt pulls to one side, which makes the car seat gradually lean more and more in the opposite direction (especially if we go over bumps or potholes), and after every couple drives we have to straighten it out.

Yay for all the final preparations! It won’t be long now! :)

Mar 13 10:31 am

9. Priscilla

If you use the seatbelt and not the latch system, there is a good way to make sure that it is in there tight. Have Dan actually kneel on top of the base and belt it in while he is on it. Pull it tight and it will be in there good. When I worked for a bus company I had to learn how to properly install carseats. I don’t know about the latch system and seatbelts though, we only used the seatbelts!

Mar 13 1:07 pm

10. Yay! You’re almost there…it took me over an hour to get ours in, but ours is the convertible seat so it didn’t just go right on in…

Mar 13 3:04 pm

11. Heather

I’d definately get it checked out..we had ours installed at our local gas station and I didn’t feel right about it, took it to get checked and found out they did it completely wrong!

you can find a place that does inspections here

Mar 13 7:32 pm

12. Wow, exciting!!! Hope you get to have lots of pics of the birth. :-) Good luck!

Mar 14 2:46 am

13. Pei

WOW i can’t believe 9 months have flown by so quickly!!! i can’t wait…good luck :)

Mar 14 5:15 am

14. That’s so exciting!!!

Mar 14 6:57 am