nature’s preparation

All of my life, I have been a Champion Sleeper. I can sleep AWESOMELY. I rarely have had a sleepless night or any form of insomnia, except for if I had a really bad cold or something. And sleeping in- something I looooooooove to do.

Suddenly, with a little over 6 weeks to go until this baby is born, sleep is slowly slipping away from me.

It started a few weeks ago, actually. A day here, a day there… I’d wake up early (6ish… which is early considering that I work at home and can pretty much get up when I want) and not be able to get back to sleep. One day, I even woke up before 4am and stayed up (took a nap later, of course, heh) But then the next day, I’d be snoozing until 9:30 with no problem.

Yesterday, I woke up at 6 and was up for the day. Today, I was up at 4:15- and so was Dan. We both finally gave up about 5 and crawled out of bed for breakfast. It didn’t even feel like a bad thing and I wasn’t really uncomfortable or anything… I just… wasn’t tired. Which is weird for both of us.

I suppose it’s just nature’s way of getting us ready for the events to come. Soon, 5am will seem oh-so-late in the day!

1. How much I do NOT miss seeing those superearly 4:00-ish numbers on the clock! But just think, 5-6 months from now you will already be sleeping through the night again! :)

Feb 21 9:54 am

2. mel
    @overdramaticmel

Before reading your last lines, that was the exact thing I was thinking. Your body seems to be getting you ready for getting up lots over night. :)

Feb 21 12:06 pm

3. 8am will sound so late to you in a few months. So funny! By 8am, we’re showered, breakfast is done, and we’re ready to really get ready to play! LOL!

Having said that, Darci slept through the night starting around 11 weeks — I’ll pray yours does too :)

Feb 21 12:41 pm

4. I am the lightest sleeper known to man. Maybe that will become a good thing later in my life….

ps. I can’t even imagine my husband willingly getting out of bed before 8:00 am.

Feb 21 2:47 pm

5. Heather
    @heather124

I’ve been like that for weeks…usually I wake around 2am and can’t fall back asleep for a few hours..it used to annoy me but now I’m used to it. They say that if you keep waking up at the same time it’s that time that your baby will wake during the night as well!

Feb 23 12:30 am

6. Yep. Once the baby gets here, sleeping in will be 7am. I used to look forward to the weekends so I could stay up later, since I didn’t have to get up the next day for work. Not anymore. No matter what day it is, I’m up at the same time every morning (usually around 6am)…because that’s when the baby wakes up. And just because my husband takes care of the baby doesn’t mean I get to lounge in bed. Mother’s instinct won’t let me. Ugh! For a while Amelia would wake up every night at 2am to eat. Thankfully, she started sleeping through the night before I had to go back to work (when she was 11 weeks). But that doesn’t mean I don’t get up several times during the night to check on her. Ah the joys of motherhood. :)

Feb 26 4:47 pm