recap of my last few days. it’s boring. sorry.

Hi. I’m still around, I promise. I’ve just been busy with boring stuff that doesn’t really give me much to blog about.

For example, fighting off a cold. Kinda boring. It involves me this past weekend, forcing myself to stay on the couch and rest my pregnant butt rather than do all of the things on my to-do list that I had planned on doing around the house. As much as it drove me crazy, I knew it was best. Better to be just a few days behind than a whole week or more, right? Luckily Dan kept me company on the couch and we spent 2 days doing pretty much nothing. Except I did pay bills. How thrilling!

And also: work. So busy. I feel like I’m entering the homestretch now for what I need to finish before Baby comes, but because of that I feel stressed and crazy. I launched 2 sites last week (yay) and there are 8 more to go. EIGHT MORE. In 2 or so months. Some are almost finished, but a few others are just in design stages (but close to a decision, I think) I just really don’t want to have to leave any of my clients hanging out there unfinished, because that will just make me feel guilty in May that I’m not coming back earlier. I’m giving myself at least 2 months before I officially start working again (because hey, if I was working a ‘real’ job, I’d have 8 weeks or more for leave!) and having everything DONE will help me feel less bad about that!

Other random things I’ve been up to:

Finished painting the baby’s dressers (just have to put on the new knobs which should be arriving in the mail tomorrow!)

Continuing Project: Kitchen Reorganization 2007. I started this last week with the installation of my lovely new cabinet drawer thingies. Then last night I got up the energy to tackle our walk-in pantry (which I love love love) Sadly, the thing was a disaster and full of so many things we haven’t used in over a year. So while the pantry is nice and organized now, my dining room table is covered in stuff I have to decide what to do with. Like, should we keep the George Foreman? (great when we had our apartment, not really necessary now that we’re in a house with a deck and real outdoor grill) And what about the bunny cookie jar? (cute, but not really my style)

And tomorrow we are going to pick up the baby’s crib! We won’t be putting it together for a while (not until we have space in the room after it’s painted and ready to go) but at least we’ll have it. It’s gorgeous, yes? It also converts into a toddler bed and a full-size bed. Which is how we rationalized the Gave Me a Heart Attack price tag.

Dan just informed me that it looks like someone needs to do some sit ups (and pointed to my belly) On that note, I must go kick some Mean Husband ass.

1. mel
    @overdramaticmel

That crib is absolutely lovely! TOTALLY worth the heart attack price (though it doesn’t say exactly what the price is….kind of makes you nervous when they don’t post that… :D).

Jan 9 10:08 pm

2. Ashley

The crib is gorgeous. I can’t wait to see how the nursery looks after you’re done working your charm!

Jan 10 1:03 am

Mel: hehe yeah, we actually bought it at BabiesRUs but they don’t have it listed on their website for some reason so I linked to the designer’s website. It wasn’t like $1000 or anything, but it was a little more than the other ones we saw.. but we loved the wood color SO MUCH (dark but not cherry, pretty but not too light in color) and it’s really sturdy feeling. Plus it converts so Dan’s thought was, it will work for 18 years! Worth a little extra money, I guess :) We didn’t have to buy any other furniture for the room either (I just painted 2 old extra dressers we weren’t using) so we were saving money right there! (See how I have to rationalize every purchase? Dan makes fun of me when I do that, hehe)

Jan 10 8:31 am

4. You would have 8 weeks or more for leave?? I need to find me this real job….

Oh and I love the crib you picked. :)

Jan 10 12:10 pm

5. i think you’ve been sick as many times as i was during pregnancy – isn’t it the worst?

get better soon!

Jan 10 3:01 pm

6. I love the show Divine Design on HGTV and she used that crib to bed thing in one of the rooms she designed. I love it… it’s beautiful.

Jan 10 3:05 pm

oh not PAID leave! Just 8 weeks that they would hold my job for me.. hehe That’s pretty standard, I think- the last 2 places I worked, women could take 6-8 weeks unpaid. A few (in the ‘higher’ positions, of course) took 12 weeks!

I personally think it’s sick that women don’t get 2 months paid leave automatically in the US. If men gave birth, you’d better believe they’d have awesome maternity leave plans!!!

Jan 10 3:24 pm

8. Priscilla

I love the crib. It’s beautiful. We had a crib to bed for Jada but it wasn’t sturdy enough to last to make it to the bed stage! We ended up getting a nice daybed for her and she loves it. Yours looks really nice and sturdy…it will definitely be worth the price!

Jan 10 5:41 pm

You should have seen me shaking all of the convertible cribs in the store- the people working there were probably getting very annoyed, afraid I was going to break them! But I’ve heard that same thing, about how they aren’t always sturdy enough to make it through, so I was determined to make sure! hehe

Jan 10 5:42 pm

10. LOVE LOVE the crib!! :)

Jan 11 9:56 am