nablopomo hangover

So it appears that posting everyday for 30 days straight burned me out. And so I took a break for a few days.. at least a break from my blog, but certainly not from life.

We’ve been busy! Friday night we went on a ‘date’. Which, when you’re 5 1/2 months pregnant and been married for 4 years, consists of dinner at a sports bar and shopping for Christmas. But the Christmas shopping we did WAS FOR US. Yeah. We’re selfish.

We decided to buy ourselves one last crazy thing before baby comes. So, we’re buying a new TV for Christmas. A big one. A nice one. HD LCD QRSTUVWXYZ (okay I made up that last part but you know what I mean) The prospect of this has Dan drooling and checking prices online daily. And to go along with our new tv, we knew we needed to get a new tv stand. Our old one will need to be moved to the basement with our old tv, and plus the old one was free with our purchase 4 years ago and really isn’t all that sturdy anymore- and I’m not putting a new gorgeous and very expensive piece of electronic equipment on something that could collapse at any moment. So, we headed to Ikea (otherwise known as My New Favorite Place On Earth) and bought this (in the ‘antique stain’ finish which I love so much) And to make things even better- it was ON SALE when we got to the store! Woohoo!

We spent Saturday morning putting it together, while my dad was downstairs putting molding around our laundry room door that we installed back in August. Both projects turned out great (I LOOOOOVE my tv stand, perhaps just a little too much to be healthy) I also finished putting up Christmas decorations (photos coming this weekend when I get the tree up and decorated) Then after all that, I crashed on the couch for a while, and then we headed to dinner with some family, then to a party at a friend’s house. And people? I stayed out until AFTER MIDNIGHT!! And I wasn’t even tired!

Until Sunday. At which point I could hardly move and didn’t really, except to do some laundry and watch the Steelers.

So that was my weekend. Yesterday it was back to the normalcy of work and lunch with my mom and sister (okay, so that part was a bit out of the ordinary), grocery shopping, and more work. And more work today. SO MUCH WORK. Which is great because in a few months when baby pops out, work will be put on the back burner for a while, and somebody’s gotta make some cash to pay for that tv.

1. Laura

December 6, 2006 12:10 am

We don’t have an Ikea ANYwhere near here. Bummer….

2. daia

December 6, 2006 10:04 am

Congrats on the new TV, it’s going to be a true friend when you’re at home on maternity leave :) We also bought a new 32″ HD LCD this autumn and actually spent all our money on it so we haven’t bought any TV subscriptions yet.. so it’s mainly used by my 2 year old son watching Bambi on DVD. And that does look good ;)

3. Judi

December 6, 2006 1:35 pm

Just think how big and clear the Steelers will be on your new TV when they lose! Our heads are in the oven…

December 6, 2006 3:11 pm

haha that’s what Dan said- we’re having everyone over on Christmas Eve for dinner and the game, and we’ll (hopefully!) have the tv by then. I said yay, won’t that be cool??! And then we realized that they are playing Baltimore again that day… this could be very, very bad. Not like last year’s Christmas Eve game against Cleveland which was awesome!!!

5. Stefanie

December 6, 2006 5:47 pm

I love the antique stuff from IKEA. I never thought I would be a huge fan of antique furniture but we bought an anitque desk from there and it’s just perfect.

December 6, 2006 7:41 pm

I LOVE Ikea. They finally opened one in Michigan, though it takes almost two hours to drive out there. But who cares….IT’S IKEA and TOTALLY worth it. :)

Enjoy the new TV. :D

7. Rayne

January 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Ha! We did the same thing. Except our big TV came 2 months after our little girl was born. 42″ widescreen HD plasma TV. Of course, I also got a new 1ct heart-shaped engagement ring to mark the 10 year anniversary of when he proposed to me. Yeah…we apparently went big this year, since next year when Amelia is 1, christmas will be all about her. LOL!