Since itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s almost the end of 2006, and IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m running out of things to post about (NaBloPoMo must have really done me in!) I thought it was the perfect time to participate in an End of the Year Meme (found at LauraÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s blog)
1. What did you do in 2006 that youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d never done before?
What DIDNÃ¢â‚¬â„¢T I do in 2006 that was new? I watched the Steelers win a SuperBowl in February. I turned 27. I got my first stamp on my passport when we went to Italy in May, I quit my full-time job to work for myself at homeÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ oh, and I became pregnant!
2. Did you keep your new yearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t really make any resolutions last year. My only Ã¢â‚¬ËœplanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ for the year was to make a decision about work and I did that. Next year I think IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d just like to focus on becoming a mom and doing the best job I can at that. And try to find a good balance between motherhood and running a business.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a cousin and a long-time friend. And several other friends and family members became pregnant as well.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to attend any funerals this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy and the USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Patience. I had some in 2006, but with a baby comingÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll need lots more :)
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 1- 2 pink lines!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking the leap to quit my job and work for myself full-time. It was S-C-A-R-Y, but exciting and I totally 100% do not regret it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I tended to get a bit wrapped up in my own dramas and not pay enough attention to other peopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s, I think. Which I suppose is understandable because I had a lot going on. But still, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d like to try to change that for next year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really- a few bad colds and some early-pregnancy nausea, but nothing crazy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our trip to Rome. And our new LCD HDTV!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
DanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s. He has been WONDERFUL this whole year, supportive and encouraging and always letting me vent to him about my work and being pregnant and just the general adjusting that IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve had to do this year. He is my best friend and makes me laugh and I love him for that.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People at workÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ but thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all in the past. Thankfully.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Savings. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve done AWESOME with saving money- we were so incredibly blessed with that this year. The fact that we were able to save AND do some exciting things with our money has been great.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Um, I keep bringing these three things upÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ Italy, quitting my job, getting pregnant. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure there were other little things I got excited about, but those things just way overshadow everything else.
Though I do get quite a thrill when I get a new NetFlix DVD in the mail :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Not really a particular song, but I listened to a lot of Ã¢â‚¬ËœgirlieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ country this year: Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, The Wreckers.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? hm. I weigh more because IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m pregnantÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ but IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m actually a little bit thinner in most of my body parts, surprisingly (except for my belly of course!)
richer or poorer? richer- and in way bigger terms than just money.
18. What do you wish youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d done more of?
I should have exercised more, but thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s what happens when you go from working 40 hours and then some to being pregnant with no time in between. heh. And I wish I had prayed more.
19. What do you wish youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d done less of?
Worrying about things I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t control.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve is at our house! And Christmas Day will be split between my parentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ house and DanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s grandmotherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s- all with family and as always it will be a great time.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I re-fall in love with Dan quite a bit- especially this year. Even when heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s being a dork! (or especially when heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s being a dork)
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I fell in love with Gilmore Girls via Netflix.
24. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
Not particularly, no.
25. What was the best book you read?
I read several good books this year. The Da Vinci Code and Charleston stand out in my mind.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
See #16 :)
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to go to Italy- we did. I wanted to quit my job- I did. I wanted to get pregnant- I did.
What an awesome, awesome year.
28. What did you want and not get?
I REALLY want to redo our kitchen, but time just wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t there for that project (weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re going to do most of the work ourselves) Maybe next year!
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Honestly, I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t watch a ton of movies this year- I watched mostly tv shows through NetFlix and Ã¢â‚¬ËœregularÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ shows. But last night we watched Click which was actually quite good- made me cry a little :)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ and to be honest, I had to look in my archives to see what I did on my birthday, because I couldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t remember! Apparently, it was a great day!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Really, not a whole lot! This year was great and I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t think I would change anything.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
The same as always- whatever is comfy and on sale. Though lately itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s been maternity clothes and sweats :)
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Steelers for winning the SuperBowl! (do they count as a Ã¢â‚¬Ëœpublic figureÃ¢â‚¬â„¢? hehe)
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
argh. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve ignored politics on purpose lately. Sick of it all. The bickering, the Ã¢â‚¬ËœUsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ vs Ã¢â‚¬ËœThemÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ mentality. No thanks.
36. Who did you miss?
I reminisced a bit about my college days, how fun it was to live in the dorm with my friends and be able to just walk down the hall and see them whenever. I miss that sometimes (parts of it, anyway!)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I actually met her in 2005, but a girl from work and I got to be really close friends this year, before she got fired and I quit. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re still good friends now, and she only lives a few miles away which is nice!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
There is a God. And IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not Him.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
argh, can I choose to not answer this one? I can never think of a good answer!!!