solemn vow

No matter what happens, remind me that I said this:

I WILL NOT WEAR ‘SKINNY’ JEANS OR LEGGINGS. It’s 2006, people. There’s a reason they went out of style in 1988.

1. Sunshine

October 4, 2006 1:52 pm

I’m taking that vow right with you. :)

2. jadensmommy24

October 4, 2006 2:54 pm

But dude, they were the fashion statement of our youth.

Skinny jeans with BIG hair. It’s just so not happening.

3. J. Lee

October 4, 2006 3:01 pm

I thought the same up until about a month ago. I dunno…maybe they’re growing on me? I so want a pair of skinny jeans so I can wear them with some sweet fashionable boots with buckles that I will tuck the jeans into…(I know…it’s sad how I’m grasping onto trends just to keep my youth…what’s wrong with me?!)

4. Mel

October 4, 2006 9:51 pm

I got a pair of semi skinny jeans on accident last year. I kind of sort of like them. But the REAL skinny jeans are so scary. The only people they look good on are the models in the pictures on that website. ICK. And leggings? I recently saw them worn under skirts. Like I did as a little kid. Not happening. EVER again.

5. Sandy

October 5, 2006 1:35 am

I agree with Mel! The super skinny jeans are awful!

6. Dana

October 5, 2006 9:56 am

Okay, well add me to the group of followers. I think they’ re cute. I think I’m going to buy a mini-skirt and wear leggings underneath!! Yikes! Me, a mom!

I don’t think my fat butt could fit in skinny jeans though :PP

7. Gina

October 5, 2006 11:57 am

i completely agree with you! i don’t see how they became so popular again, they only look good if you have no butt and are a size 0!

8. Laura

October 6, 2006 2:45 pm

I agree with you! I will never go back to that…I was really young in the 80’s but I remember wearing that stuff. Urgh. Not cool. Why are they bringing it all back?!

9. Steph

October 6, 2006 10:14 pm

Aww – they’d look great with some leg warmers though! You HAVE to admit that…. heh

10. Laura

October 9, 2006 7:38 pm

I like both. I think they are back in cute ways. But I also think they are trends that are not so flattering on many/most people.

11. Jennie

October 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Hello. Just popping in from your link on a mom’s forum.

I’m so happy there are others who feel the same deep revulsion for them. Not flattering on so many, me included. I’m so in love with my bootcuts, I’ll NEVER betray them.

Never.

This parody of the Gap skinny black pant is hilarious, BTW: