March 22, 2006
I just have a bunch of random things to talk about.
1. We had a great weekend, spent Saturday at home in our pajamas. I did some spring cleaning in the morning, we watched a movie in the afternoon. Then I watched the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice- or at least the first half. The second disc should be here later in the week from NetFlix. I read the book in college and enjoyed it, and I’ve always heard that the BBC movie was great. So far, I like it. :)
2. I did some clothes shopping on Monday (since none of my shorts from last summer will fit me because I’ve gained 10 lbs.. eek!) I don’t usually have much luck shopping for clothes and end up horribly frustrated and/or broke. But this time, it went well! I went to Target and Kohl’s and got a total of 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of capris/cropped pants, and a new pair of black slide sandals- everything was on sale or under $20 each. woohoo! I also got 2 new bras, and the only thing worthy of note there is that I am now officially a ‘D’ after having been a ‘C’ for years. I am sad, Dan is happy. Go figure.
3. I worked out yesterday. 6 miles on the exercise bike in 15 minutes. LEGS WERE LIKE JELLO. Then I lifted with my upper body for about 15-20 minutes… though I’m not nearly as sore today as I thought I’d be. But I did apparently gain 2 lbs since last Wednesday. Whatever.
4. Stupid me, I made an appointment with a client for 9 am Saturday morning. ARGH. What was I thinking?
5. We got our flight information for our trip yesterday. We leave in the afternoon on May 13, fly to JFK Airport in New York City (5 hour layover, but it’s at dinner time so that might actually not be too bad) and we arrive in Rome on 11:30AM (Italy time) on Sunday. We leave the following Sunday in the late morning and get back around 6pm (Pittsburgh time) Seeing the actual flight info made me even more excited now… !!! It means it’s getting closer!
6. My cat (the Orange One) decided it would be fun to attack my legs from under the covers this morning at 5am. Of course, it was a good thing he woke us up, because somehow our alarm clock became unplugged (??) So if we hadn’t seen that, I’d probably still be sleeping…. so I guess that means it’s a good thing that my cat is RETARDED?
Okay. End boring post. Sorry about that.