March 17, 2006
1. About how many pets have you had throughout your life? Not too many. I’ve had some fish, and we had a hamster when I was little (his name was Cinnamon) My family got a cat when I was in college and now she hates me because I moved out (seriously- she attacks me and tries to bite me when I visit!) And then, of course, there are my current little monsters.
2. Which pet was your favorite and why? Well I hate to pick favorites, but it would have to be my kitties now. Even though they drive me up a wall and cost us hard-earned cash, they’re really the only ‘real’ pets I’ve ever had. I was away at school most of the time with my family cat, and I never had to take care of her or anything. My cats now are rewarding, despite all of the headaches! They are really sweet (sometimes) and love love LOVE to snuggle.
3. How many pets do you have now? What are their names? Scotty (orange) and Gracie (gray). Both are almost-2-year-old cats.
4. If you could have any kind of animal as a pet, which one would you choose and why? Cats, just because they’re less work than dogs. If I had time for a dog, I’d have a baby! heh. All I really have to do with our cats is remember to feed them, clean their litter box, and buy a new dryer now and then.
5. Do you think some people become a little too obsessed with their pets? Why or Why not? One might say I am (I certainly have lots of pictures of them!) But I think I am taking out my motherly instincts on them, since I don’t have any kids of own yet. I’m sure once a baby comes along, our poor kitties will be neglected quite a bit. I think it’s only natural sometimes to become ‘obsessed’ with your pets, because you should care about them. But I draw the line at clothing and little costumes. That’s just freaky!