Turns out, the reason the electric was out is because the dryer shorted out. We got everything cleaned up yesterday, reset a thrown breaker (which we thought was caused by Gracie climbing in the ceiling) and thought we were good to go.
Then we tried turning on the dryer this morning to do laundry. It turns on okay, but makes a HORRIBLE noise. So Dan spent about 2 hours downstairs tearing it apart, only to find more and more puddles of detergent inside of the dryer, in the fan, near the motor… EVERYWHERE. Pouring out all over the floor. We could call someone to come and clean it out and get it back in safe working order, but that would cost more than what we paid for it (we got the washer/dryer as a set from someone when we moved in 2 yrs ago- CHEAP) So we think our best bet is to just get a new one. While this one runs, I just don’t feel it’s safe to run something electric with unknown puddles of laundry detergent inside of it… do you?
So we’re off to Lowe’s to price new dryers, and then to my parents’ house to do our laundry.
And I won’t even go into the 3 hours Dan and his dad spent yesterday, trying to get the couch we were going to borrow/store/use for my uncle in the house. Every door, every angle, and it wouldn’t go in. So now we have a couch in our garage.
What a weird, wasted weekend. And to think it all started because we have cats. They are sooooo lucky they’re cute.