A Thanksgiving Friday Forum!
1. What do plan to do for Thanksgiving? (Are you cooking? Staying at home? Going to visit family?) We’ll be going to Dan’s grandma’s to spend time with his family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) and then stopping at my parents’ house for ANOTHER dinner with just my immediate family (plus my uncle!) Lots of food and eating that day :)
2. What are some Thanksgiving traditions that you have? Pretty much just eating! haha We used to always see my dad’s family (all 30+ of us!) at my grandma’s house for Thanksgiving, but after she passed away a few years ago, we’ve all started doing our own thing that day- it was just too hard with everyone’s other families (in-laws, grandkids, etc) So that was a tradition that kind of ended, sadly. But we still all get together around Christmas.
3. What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? TWO DAYS OFF.
4. Do plan to start Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving or are you already finished? Haven’t started… kind of started thinking about it, but not seriously. I’ll start next week sometime. I just can’t get in that ‘mode’ until after Turkey Day!
5. Think about what you are blessed with and list them if you’d like. Family. Husband. Kitties. Job I like. House. Health (except for the remnants of this nasty-ass cold, but it could be worse). For all of my bitching and moaning and complaining about being so busy all the time, I am extremely blessed and I know that. I just wish I could slow down and enjoy it more! (soon, Jen, soon!)